Directions & Parking
One Avenue of the Arts
Providence, RI 02903
Due to ongoing roadwork, road closures and alternate traffic patterns may be in effect. Please plan accordingly.
I-95 Driving South
- Take Exit 37D
- Continue to end of ramp and turn right on to Providence Place
- Follow Providence Place and go straight through the stop light
- At the next light take a right on Hayes Street for the Providence Place Mall Parking Garage North Entrance
- Continue through the light up Park Street to the Avenue of the Arts Plaza and The VETS Parking lot entrance on Park Street.
I-95 Driving North
- Take Exit 38 STATE OFFICES bearing right
- Stay in the middle lane of the exit to continue straight through traffic light on to State Street
- At the next light, Smith Street (RT 44), turn right. The Rhode Island State Capitol building will now be on your left
- Go straight through the first light (Francis Street), and turn right at following light (Park Street)
- The VETS Parking Lot entrance will be on Park Street
- Go straight and The VETS and The Avenue of the Arts Plaza will be on your left
- Continue down the hill to the lights and turn left on to Hayes Street for the Providence Place Mall Parking Garage North Entrance.
- Paid parking is available in The VETS lot located directly in front of the building. Entrance to the lot is on Park Street. Event parking is $20 and may be limited.
- Paid parking is also available in the Providence Place Mall garage located directly behind The VETS. The North Entrance is on Hayes Street. Parking is $2 for 5 hours.To exit the lot on foot, take the North elevators or stairs to level “P2." This will bring you to street level directly behind the theater. Enter the building on the Park St. side entrance (highway side) or continue up the sidewalk to the theater front entrance.
- Free parking is available in the State House parking lots on Smith Street (VETS guests are allowed access to this lot during VETS events regardless of signage saying state house employees only).
- On-street parking is available on Francis and Smith Streets.