Veterans Memorial Auditorium
Directions & Parking
One Avenue of the Arts
Providence, RI 02903
(GPS users: Use 83 Park Street to bring you to the I-95 side of The VETS. The VETS is located between Providence Place Mall and the Rhode Island State House and is visible from I-95 in either direction.)
I-95 from the North
- Take Exit 22C
- Continue around and turn right onto Providence Place
- Providence Place ends at the stoplight
- Turn left on to Park Street. The Providence Place Parking Garage will be on your right
- At the next light take a right on Hayes Street for the Providence Place Mall Parking Garage Stateside Entrance (Nordstrom/north side of the mall)
- Continue through the light up Park Street to the Avenue of the Arts Plaza at the front of The VETS on your right.
I-95 from the South
- Take Exit 23 STATE OFFICES bearing right
- Stay in the middle lane of the exit to continue straight through traffic light on to State Street
- At the next light, Smith Street (RT 44), turn right. The Rhode Island State Capitol building will now be on your left
- At the next light, turn left on to Francis Street. The VETS and The Avenue of the Arts Plaza will be on your right
- Continue down the hill to the lights and turn right on to Hayes Street for the Providence Place Mall Parking Garage Stateside Entrance (Nordstrom/north side of the mall).
Where to Park
Secure paid parking is available at the Providence Place Mall Stateside Entrance (Nordstrom/north side of the mall), directly behind The VETS at a rate of $2.00 for the first 5 hours. To exit the lot on foot, take the North elevators or stairs located at the rear of Nordstrom to level “B” (Hayes Street).
This will bring you to street level directly behind the theater. Enter the building on the Park St. side entrance (highway side) or continue up the sidewalk to the theater front entrance.
- Free parking is available in the State of Rhode Island lots on Smith Street.
- On-street parking is available on Francis and Smith Streets.